Jthejon Travel Story: Korea Seoul (Part 1)

12:00:00


My first ever solo trip to Korea! I just being too adventurous or too daring! Haha. I never even plan itinerary and just go without any plan. Brought my prepaid SIM card in Singapore StarHub stores (Happy SIM card) $15. It has 3 gb to spend.

Day 1: Seoul Station 

Check in Airbnb
Explore around the Airbnb area
Dinner with new friends
(Lost Day 1 and 2 photo that took it using my S7 Edge phone)



Landed around 3pm Korea time! Took China eastern airline, and their service was really damn bad and the food quality was terrible! After landed, went to find my way to my Airbnb! 

Took me roughly 1.5 hrs to my Airbnb! 

I stayed at Majung Haus Airbnb. Each night roughly about S$45! Here will be my house for the 8days! 

Address: 13, Huam-ro 49-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea

Direction to the Airbnb! 

Majung Haus is located near Seoul Station so you have easy access to KTX, subway and bus stations. 
You can come to Seoul Station directly from Incheon International Airport by AREX (Airport Express). It is five minute walk from Seoul station.
At Gate No. 11 of Seoul Station (subway), walk about five minutes to Namsan Park. If you see ‘CHEF DIARY', an Italian restaurant, walk through the alley next to CHEF DIARY and you will see a blue building with red door, which is Majung Haus.



After check in and rest awhile, started my free and easy Korea adventurous! Went have dinner with my new friends that I met in airplane. They was here for an orientation camp in a university. 


Settle our dinner at a small Fried chicken and beer restaurant. 

 Popcorn, radish, and salad was the complimentary appetiser. 




Fried chicken (Original) - 

The fried chicken was well fried and seasoned! It tasted very different from Singapore Korean fried chicken dishes. The fried chicken here tasted much more light and salty in the original flavour. The chicken was very tender and juicy. It goes super well with a pint of beers. 


 Seafood hotpot - 

Fish cake, crabmeat, mussels, prawns, squid, sliced fish, tofu, spring onion, cabbage! 

The broth will get spicy every mouth. It tasted spicy, fragrance and smooth. Spicy lover will definitely like it. 


Casa Beer - Light and easy drinking beer. 


After dinner went to Lotte mart to shop for some stuff,  and after that we are back to our individual house. 


Day 2: 
Deoksugung
Gyeongbokgung
Insa-dong (인사동)
Seoul Christmas Market
Itaewon (Club) 


SEOUL Christmas Market

The market is on held once a year during winter season! Indoor will be selling handcraft items, handbag and etc. It also have a live band in the middle of the tent. Outdoor will be all food, 46 food trucks selling all different kinds of food. But prepare to queue for long hours. 








I lost my new phone after clubbing! Thats why I lost 90% of my photos during day 2! 
Day 3 onwards all the photo is taken using my camera. 

Day 3:
Noryangjin Fisheries Wholesale Market 
Myeongdong


Noryangjin Fishery Market is one of Korea's largest seafood markets. 

Shop for my fresh seafood, next will be choosing restaurant to cook my seafood.









Live Baby Octopus - (Sannaki) 5000 won 

First time trying it, the taste was memorable and I will never try it again. It has a very raw taste and need to chew it quick and many time. 



Fresh Big prawns - 3000 won 



Noryangjin Fisheries Wholesale Market 
674, Nodeul-ro, Dongjak-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 동작구 노들로 674 (노량진동)
Directions 
[Subway]
Noryangjin Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 1.
Walk about 100m over the bridge before arriving at destination.

[Bus]
Take any of the following bus and off at Noryangjin Market Station.
Bus No. 150, 152, 360, 462, 500, 504, 507, 605, 640, 641, 650, 751, 752,
5516, 5517, 5531, 5535, 5536, 6211, 6411, 6515, 9408

Myeongdong


Myeong-dong is one of the busiest places in Seoul and is among Korea’s premier shopping destinations. Over 1 million shoppers pass through this area each and every day. Located in the heart of Seoul, Myeong-dong market has been a witness to Korea’s tumultuous modern-day history as a center of city politics, economy, and culture. To international visitors, Myeong-dong is a stunning shopping district with countless shops and restaurants. Its wild popularity has led to similar shopping districts springing up all across the country.













Settled my dinner over here! The restaurant only sell ginseng chicken soup dish and nothing else. 



Ginseng Chicken Porridge - 15000 won 

The broth was clear, rich, silky, light and keep me warm fro the freezing weather. One whole chicken was served! The chicken was soft and tender. Overall, it was good. 









The prawn was super normal. I think it a waste of money. 8000 won for this. 



Fried Baby Crab - 5000 won

Not to my liking. I find it difficult to eat and it doesn't has much taste in it. 


Pancake - 3000 won 

Moist and flavourful pancake. 


Spicy fried chicken - 8000 on

A mixture of fried chicken and Korean rice cake was in it. It taste sweet and spicy, the chicken was well coated with the sweet and spicy sauce. 




Fried Meat Ball - 2000 won per stick 

 Meaty and savoury meat ball .


Taking a break from eating and shopping at Rodin cafe.  Had no idea what it lead to when I am at level 1. But I am shock when I first step into the cafe, because it was packed with couple in this cafe and I am the only single person to step into this cafe. But I am not really care much about it! 



Black coffee - 5000 won 


Done with DAY 3! 

Day 4:
Gangnam 


Initial plan was going to Lotte world themed park but due to rain so I changed my plan! And head to Gangnam instead! Spend my whole day in Gangnam.







Settled my lunch at this noodle house! This spicy noodle was really spicy! But shiok. The spiciness can compare to the famous Korean spicy instant noodle! The soup beside it was really addictive too. I requested for another bowl not because I can't take the spiciness! 










Went to this famous cafe that opened by a famous Korean celebrity! Actually I was just finding a shelter to hide from the heavy rain! 

Order their tiramisu and latte to try out! 

Tiramisu - the taste was very normal, I think it can be more flavourful. 

Latte - Normal. 




















  


Lots of Korean students was here after their school. It's a place that you can see lots of young teenagers hang out together and invest money on it. 

I, myself spend a few thousand won over here too but end up no luck and catch nothing! hahaha. 



  
  









Stay tune for part 2..


Thanks for viewing! 
Jonathan Soh 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like Me On Facebook